Chilgoza pine seeds health benefits nutritious facts English
Chilgoza,pine nuts or pine seeds are also called Pinus gerardiana, known as the Chilgoza pine. There are forty nuts in one pine. Some of the common names of chilgoza are pignoli, cedar nuts,pinon nuts, pinyon pinenuts.etc. chilgoza or pine seeds are used as dry fruits.
Chilgoza Pine is one of edible pine nuts it is rich source of carbohydrates and proteins. Pine seeds are generally called and saled as Chilgoza. chilgoza is also called Neje (plural) or Neja (singular). Chilgoza trees are nearly 20 percent of the Pakistani forests. Chilgoza is one of the most important cash crops of Himachal Pradesh, India.it is also found in
( Kabul). chilgoza is very expensive
sold at approximately PKR 2800-3400 INR 1800-2400 per kilogram.
Health Benefits of chilgoza or pine nuts:
There are many chilgoza health benefits.
· Pine nuts are source of lutein and Vitamins A,these both helps in sharpening vision.chilgoza has monounsaturated fat.
· It is source of vitamin b such as riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine), pantothenic acid, thiamin and folates.
· It is also good source of iron which is good for nervous system. Pine seeds or chilgoza makes bones stronger bones because it contains Vitamin D.
· It is source of vitamin c which boosts immunity system. Pine nuts help in weight loss because pine nuts contain pinoleic acid.
· Use of pines or chilgoza helps body develop fighting against infectious agents and scavenge harmful oxygen-free radicals.
· Magnesium and protein found in chilgoza makes them an excellent source of energy, which reduces tiredness.
Nutritious facts of chilgoza or pine nuts:
Here are nutritious facts of chilgoza or pine nuts