Dry Khubani (Apricot) Health Benefits
khubani health benefits
Khubani (Dry apricot) is one of the highly nutrient dry fruit. It is obtained from drying fresh orange or yellowish colored apricot. Water content of the fruit is evaporated without harming nutritive value of the apricots. There are two method followed in evaporation of water one is organic and other is conventional. Organic fruit is considered extra beneficial. Apricot dried fruit is commonly known as khushak khubani, qubani or sukhi khubani in Urdu and Hindi and scientifically known as Prunus armeniaca, is closely related to plums. Khubani or apricot is good source of Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorus, Vitamin C, Iron, and Vitamin A. There are many famous cuisine are associated with this fruit e.g Khubani ka Meetha (Indian and Pakistani Hyderabadi cuisine).
Health benefits of Khubani or Apricot
Khubani or apricot has lots of health benefits few are as follows
- It Improves eye sight and prevent the deterioration of vision
- Apricot Improves heart health
- It is very good for bones strength
- Apricot reduce cholesterol levels
- khubani helps in losing weight
- The fruit takes care of respiratory conditions
- Eating apricot is beneficial in treating lots of diseases. It cures earaches, fevers, indigestion, constipation, skin diseases anemia and cancer.
- Dried apricots can be eaten before a meal to improve digestion.
- Dried apricot is considered an herbal medicine used during pregnancy. This can cure hemorrhage, infertility and spasms. The paste of this dried fruit heals vaginal infections.
- Dry khubani is source of Vitamin K which helps blood clothing in case of injuries and prevents too much bleeding
- Apricot is considered very good for skin care especially for women. It is consumed in many forms e.g. directly, or dried fruit and apricot oil Apricots juice is used in treating itching due to sunburn, eczema and scabies. Fruit also helps to clear acne marks facial hairs and many other skin problems. Apricot scrub is habitually used to exfoliate the skin. Apricot kernel oil is useful for treating stressed muscles and cures wound and also had lots of important impacts on health. Apricot oil is one of powerful essential oil can also be obtained from apricot kernel.
organic dry apricot health benefits
Side effects of eating dry Khubani or apricot
There are no side effects of eating apricot in natural form but some people have might allergy from fruit. On the other hand, there is some concern about dried fruit. Sulphites are used some time drying the fruit, and that is not a good for health Sulphites can seriously induce asthmatic attacks and cause asthma.Therefore, as an asthma medicine, use fresh apricots should be used.